Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
| Weekdays || 8:30-22:00|
| Saturday|| 10:00-17:00(16:00)|
| Sunday / Holiday || 10:00-17:00(16:00)|
Note: As the library hours may vary according to the university’s academic calendar, please be sure to check the library calendar before you come to the library.
- A library card or other ID card is not required to enter the library. However the external visitors are requested to fill out an "External user reception sheet" at the service desk to enter the library.
- External users can use the documents and materials only for the purposes of medical study or research.
Click here for the floor map.I. First Floor
- You can relax with having light meals or beverages in the Book Lounge.
- There are some vending machines and newspapers which you can use in this area.
- Platanus café opens on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the lounge to serve coffee and cookies.
- Service desk
- Please feel free to ask our staff members at the service desk any questions regarding the use of the library.
- Browsing area
- Medical Library owns a collection of more than 180,000 books in the field of medical sciences, which is arranged by the number according to NLM (U.S. National Library of Medicine) classification system.
- Newly arrived books section
- Medical basic books section
- You can find frequently-used books here. These books are for in-library use only, however we provide the copies for loan which are located at the other shelves in the library.
- Audiovisual material section
- Please checkout at the service desk before you use audiovisual materials in this corner or borrow. Please be informed that the items with the red seal "館内" means “IN-LIBRARY USE ONLY”.
- Visitors can enjoy audiovisual materials at the AV booth in the library and cannot take them out on loan.
- Two copiers are ready for use in front of the service desk: one is coin-operated copier and the other is prepaid-card operated copier.
- There are four rooms, which can be used for private study.
II. Second Floor
- Self-study room
- There are about 48 desk sets which can be used for self-study in this room.
- Open studio
- You can use this area for carrying out group learning, practice for presentation in a class, etc. using movable tables and/or whiteboards without reservation.
- There are 24 computers available for Kanazawa University members.
- Kanazawa University network ID is necessary to use one.
There are periodicals of the current year.
- Current journals
III. Third Floor
- Third floor stack
IV. Fourth Floor
- There are materials published in 1990 and earlier editions in the stack. Certain areas of the floor are not allowed to enter.
- Fourth floor stack
- You can find the following materials here;
- Japanese periodicals published in 1944 and before
- Japanese periodicals published in 1945 and later
- Western periodicals published in 1970 and later
- You can use your Student ID card or personal ID card as the Library Card.
Please use the self-operated borrowing machine in front of the service desk.
Please checkout at the service desk for following materials:
Materials without library bar-code labels,
Books with appendixes,
Not bound journals.
Some reference books or audiovisual materials are not for loan.Those materials have labels that say "館内" or "禁帯出".
When the library is closed, please return books at the book return box outside the entrance of the E building side.
You can also return them to any campus libraries in Kanazawa University. ★ Penalty for overdue
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have an overdue material.
If you return a material late，you can not borrow any materials from any libraries in Kanazawa University for the number of days that you are late.● Lending periods and number of materials
"( )" is for external users. "X" means that external users can not barrow the materials.
| Books|| Bound periodicals || Unbound periodicals || AV materials |
| Medical Library || 14 days|
5 books (5 books)
| 7 days|
6 books (X)
| Next day|
3 books (X)
| 7 days|
2 books (X)
● Renewing the borrowing period
Renewal of the borrowing period is possible once only if no one else has reserved the book.
Please use the self-operated borrowing machine or come to the service desk to renew a loan period.
Internal users can use the library online services for renewal.
Please login at “Online Service” on the Kanazawa University Library website.
External users can renew by telephone during the office hours.
You can reserve a material that is out on loan to another borrower.
Internal users can reserve it from search result of "OPAC plus".
If you are an external user, please contact us for reservation.
●OPAC plus (Online Public Access Catalog)
Search by accessing the following URL on the Internet.
”医学図開架” means books arranged for open access in Medical Library.
Books whose call number begins with number or alphabet.
They are located in the reading area of the first floor.
But audiovisual materials are located near the AV booths.
Books whose call number begins with "大" are located in pressmark no.01.
Books whose call number begins with "史” and "業" are not available.
”医学図雑誌” means periodicals of Medical Library
Medical periodicals are located in the stacks of the
Periodicals from the current year are located in the second floor.
”医学図書庫” means materials in the archives
They are currently unavailable, because they were packed in cardboard boxes.
”医学図別置４” means materials arranged in Sub-library 4
They are located in the stacks of the third floor.
Contains materials from 1990 and earlier and prior editions of general works.
"医+ Name of course" and "病 + Name of course" mean laboratory collections
These materials are located in medical staff offices and laboratories.
Students and Staff of the Takara-machi-Tsuruma Campus may borrow these materials directly from the medical office.
Students and Staff of the Kakuma Campus may request to loan/ copy them at the nearest library.
External users can not use them directly. Please contact us, for details.
If you would like to make a photocopy of the material in the library, please use the copiers.
Please fill in the application form for document copying and copy by yourself.
Both the coin-operated and prepaid card machines charge 10 yen/ sheet.copy. The color copier (50 yen/ sheet) accepts only prepaid card.
You can purchase prepaid cards at Kanazawa University Co-op (Seikyo) service counters.
Requests for loan and photocopying from other libraries (available only to persons affiliated with the University)
If the materials you require are not in the medical library, they can be ordered from the holdings of the Kakuma Campus or other universities.
You must pay the fees yourself. Please login from “Online Service” on the Kanazawa University Library website.
Book purchase request (available only to persons affiliated with the University)
If you think our library should purchase materials (except periodicals) for research and study purposes, let us know.
Please login from “Online Service” on the Kanazawa University Library website, and enter the information pertaining to the material into the online form.