Health Science (HS) Library is located on the first floor of the School of Health Sciences Hall 3.
Please see the library calendar on our website.
|Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays and Holidays|
|During the term||8:45 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.*||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*||–|
|Vacation||8:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.||–||–|
* An IC card key is required to enter the School of Health Sciences Hall 3, in which the library is located, on Saturdays and after 8:00 p.m. weekdays. External users cannot use the library when the building is locked.
– The library will close at the end and beginning of the year, during summer vacation, and sometimes temporarily.
1. How to use the library
[Students, auditors, research students, and part-time lecturers]
- A Student ID or Staff ID can be used as a library card. External users need to inquire at the service desk.
- A library card is necessary for borrowing books and extending the loan period. Please be sure to bring it with you.
- You can use your library card at other libraries at Kanazawa University.
- Please fill out an "External user reception sheet" at the service desk before proceeding into the library.
- Visitors can browse and photocopy materials in the library.
- Visitors with a library card can borrow up to three books for two weeks (magazines cannot be borrowed).
- We can issue library cards to KU graduates, KU retired staff, those who live in the Ishikawa, Toyama and Fukui prefectures and those who study in or commute to Ishikawa pref. Please bring a form of proof of residential address, such as a driver’s license.
- E-journals and databases such as ICHUSHI-web can be browsed between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays.
2. Borrowing/Returning Materials
- Please use the checkout machine located in front of the service desk.
- You can borrow/return books and bound journals and extend loan periods with the machine.
- Only materials with library barcodes can be checked in/out with the machine.
- Non-bound journals, videos, DVDs, and books with appendixes need to be checked in/out at the service desk.
- Please use the book post next to the entrance of library to return books.
- If you borrow materials past the loan period, an overdue penalty will be applied. You cannot borrow any materials for the penalty period.
- You can renew materials (books only) only once at the service desk or the checkout machine, via telephone, or on the website.
[Loan period and maximum number of library items on loan] (Internal Users)
|Item type||Loan period||Limit|
|General books/Workbooks||2 weeks||6|
|Reference books||In-library use only||–|
|Bound journals||1 week||3|
|Non-bound journals||1 day||3|
|* Video/DVD||1 week||3|
(Visitors can borrow up to three general books for two weeks.)
*Some videos and DVDs are for in-library use only. Please watch them at the AV section in the library.
- Renewals (Extension of loan period): You can extend the loan period of books once.
3. How to find materials
[Search for in-library materials ]
Please use OPAC plus, which is the Kanazawa University library catalog. You can search in-library materials by the title or the author’s name.
Location of materials shown in KU OPAC plus
|医保, 医保図書室||Health Science Library|
|医保看護, 医保放射, etc.||Laboratory of the School of Health Sciences|
|医分, 医図書, 医||Medical Library|
|図, 自図, etc.||Central Library/Natural Science and Technology Library|
[Search for academic articles]
Use the databases in the Information Search Tool (in JP) :
[Read articles of e-journals]
You can read articles from e-journals to which Kanazawa University subscribes. Please see the e-journal list.
4. Location of Materials
We own materials as follows.
- Newly arrived Japanese and foreign journals
- Bound Japanese journals (After 2002)
- Japanese and foreign books
- Newly arrived books
- Back issues of bound foreign journals
- Back issues of bound Japanese journals (until 2001)
- Old Japanese and foreign books
There are an AV section, computer section, and Group Study Room in the library.
Books are arranged by classification number, and journals are arranged in alphabetical order or Japanese syllabary order in Roman letters.
[Library Classification] NDC
＜Classification for nursing library＞* Books classified as 492.9 are classified as follows:
5. Copying Service
You can use the photocopier in the library to make copies of materials in the library.
- Please fill out and submit an application form to make copies of books in the library.
- A copy card is necessary for copying. Please purchase one in advance at the university coop.
6. Ordering materials not owned by the HS library (ILL request)
- You can make a request for the loan of materials and copies of documents which our library does not own.
- Please login to “Library Online Service” with a Kanazawa University ID and order materials through “ILL Request.”
- For materials loans and document copies, you need to pay for postage and/or the copying fee.
- You can check the status at our website, “Library Online Service.”
7. Group study room
- Please inquire at the service desk when you want to use the group study room, which is for research and group study using library materials.
8. Book Purchase Request
- Students can request that the library purchase books needed for study and research.
- Please request book purchases online at “Book Request” through "Library Online Service."